Friday, March 1, 2013

Make-a-Mauz!


This is Mauz.  He likes smiling and counting to two.
There may be confusion about the gender if you look at his(?).. chest anatomy here.
I designed it as a girl then later decided it would be a male.  AAAAnyways...

...I thought I'd try to model him.
I started with the head. Then went ears. Then eyes. Then mouth. Then hat.  The hat was (dare I say it??!) fun to UV (because it was easy) and texture.



I also discovered (through Youtubing) how to render with a white background!!!
You must turn on final gathering in the render settings and change the background color of the camera under "Environment" in the Attribute Editor.

Current head render:



The teeth were hard to align no matter how much I changed their pivot points and froze their transformations...

Here is his face without the skin (fur?) - I added this so his insides wouldn't appear yellow when seeing through his massive molars


The ears, hat, and nose were made of cubes - The eyes and the inside and outside head are spheres, and the teeth were cones (because pyramids weren't working!!)  The whiskers were CV curves extruded from a NURBS circle - I may attempt to re-make the head out of a cube. MAYbe.


It will eat all of your children



I am deciding whether to leave his eyes as blank-white surface shaders or add minimal shadow (above) - Also trying to make the gums shiny but not reflective - Will save nit-picking for later, I suppose.

On to the body!

No comments:

Post a Comment